RicS wrote:
"Actually using your search criteria will get you a vast amount of opinion from such super reliable sources as Greenpeace and little else."

Come on Richard that's nonsense. I found the links to NASA and NOAA using google.

Surely you've learned to filter search results.

If you wish to engage in hyperbole then by all means do so ... alone. If you want to discuss the results of numerous studies performed by researchers worldwide then do so and I'll join in.
Right now what I see is that you've got your mind made up and have no intention of considering that you arrived at an incorrect conclusion.

Statements such as:
"Historic ice coverage is a misnomer"
Are personal opinion grounded in what? Certainly not a degree in engineering. Those who teach at my university, and whose expertise is in the field, have a very different view of the situation.

As I said before ... if you want to dispute the results of research studies do so by pointing to areas where the theories conflict with observations or show how the observations are invalid. Pontification is not a substitute for a URL.

PS: A 1979 study is of close to zero value. Try references to work done during the current millenium. ;-)

DA Morgan