Richard,

I understand your point that global warming may be a warming fluctuation of the earth and not entirely influenced by humanity's industrialization. Whether or not we are the first cause of the situation, do you agree that humanity does influence and contribute to accelerated warming? I think you did state somewhere that you do agree.

I like your point that the Earth has no normal state because it is in constant flux between glacial periods and interglacial periods. It makes a clear picture of the fact that a natural condition of the earth as a place conducive to the habitation of humanity is only transitory.
But, I think you'd have to admitt that we should do everything in our power to extend this transitory period for as many human generations to come as possible.
I also like the picture you paint of the complexity involved to measure and predict anything on Earth because of the great degree of variables. It fills me with appreciation towards the complexity of this planet and reminds me of how our doctors fight the same battle in measuring and understanding the complexity of the human body in order to encourgage health and bring balance back to a fascinating system. Our scientists today who study global warming are like doctors to our Earth, don't you think?

~Justine~