Justine wrote:
"I understand the gist of what you mean. But there is an amount of illusion we are allowed to have without tilting into psychosis."

Again I agree with you. But again I want to challenge you to move past the superficial.

It is perfectly fine for all parents to have the illusion that their children are attractive and intelligent so as to not drown them at birth. That illusion hurts no one and adds to the survival of the species.

But illusions that are used to create rules of ethics and morality. Rules that are turned into laws at least one of which carries the death penalty. Rules that affect a woman's control over her own body? These rise to a different level. I do not want someone deciding, because of an illusion, that I deserve the death penalty for rubbing my nose.

Justine wrote:
"I think there is a very very thin line between someone who is clearly in contact with Divinity and someone who has become finatical. Razor thin."

I think the difference isn't just razor thin ... it is invisible and undefinable. You are welcome to believe you are talking to god right up until you tell me that god wants me to turn down my stereo because it is too loud. Or you get onto television and proclaim the hurricane that destroyed New Orleans was god punishing the people for voting for a democrat or whatever. At that point sane and sentient people need to draw a line between harmess illusion and insanity.

Again ... what you and your conscience or god say to each other is privileged communication and I don't care and neither should anyone else.

The minute you, or anyone else, tries to impose that on me I draw a line in the sand and stand with Washington and Jefferson and a load of buckshot ready to defend my turf. If Christians, Moslems, etc. minded their own business no one would mind theirs.

DA Morgan