You are right about knowing the options...that is one of the things I see very clearly, now. I can visualize the possible outcomes of my choice in behaviors and then pick the one I want..sometimes being the one I'm most afraid of.

I tried it myself and I think the power of the excersize was in the realization of false fears that before I couldn't even see.

I realized that I was answering to my watch every morning so I stopped using a watch completely; I've still been on time. Oh and just breaking with any part of a routine felt liberating when I did it consciously...sitting outside with a cup of tea for a few moments or just changing up my personal order in getting ready in the morning.
The most powerful false fear was deciding not to fear my mother-in-law anymore. She has an explosive, self-righteous temper to the point that I just wanted to give up on her. That was my first fear that I faced the day I started and something amazing did happen. I asked to have lunch with her and she brought out something for me to read and it was really a gift to be able to read this certain thing that I didn't even know existed.
Oh I also realised that I don't like to disturb people. For example, if I'm walking in a not-too wide walkway and someone is a few yards behind me, if my shoe is untied, I'd prefer to wait until the walkway opens up instead of risking that person has to wait behind me or manuver around me. What is that about? Politeness to the point of invisibility. You know what I mean, silly idosyncradic fears. Why should I fear creating a little disturbance...that just leads to an opputunity of interacting. And interaction is where the "Amazing" happens.
I feel much better since I started this little excersize. It's a great way to wake up, anyway. Just with the reminder that the world is full of possibilities everyday.

~Justine~