I think we need to examin the words "spoken" and "liars"

If the word spoken could be translated as "communicated" For example, I could say, God spoke to my heart and told me to take a group of multi-disabled people who have HIV to an HIV retreat. I really didn't want to go. But I felt a gut level sensation whenever I thought about the trip that it was something I should do because it would be good for me and for them. We did go and, of course, it was a rewarding experience and all around there were no glitches, everything ran smooothly. I know the people we took had a great time and I have a feeling that if I didn't go..the trip may not have happened. God certainly didn't speak to me in words that I heard with my ears.
It could have been my own subconscious causing the gut feeling. I don't know. And everything went smoothly and I've been on these kinds of trips before and a million things can go wrong, everything from forgetting important supplies, to transportation break downs, to emotions running hot and cold. Everything running like a well oiled machine is kind of rare.
So spoken could be a gut level impression or feeling that is interpreted more clearly by some people and ignored by other people. And in that sense, a deity could be speaking to everybody all the time.

Then the word "liars" seems inappropriate. They could be caught in illusions that they believe. Or they could be very focused on impressions they feel by an entity that is felt through emotions or only understood at the subconscious level. Either way they are telling truths as much as they are aware. There is a possibility that they really are liars, but we can't definitively state that premise as object truth.

But I do see your logic. If we only understand the word "spoken" as words stated by invisible lips in a resounding clear voice that should be heard by anyone standing next to the person who said they heard it, and they are of sound mind....yes then I believe in your logic and what you said is true.

~Justine~