Hi Everyone

I have stated from the start that my idea about a proton is speculative. However, I have given experimental evidence that logically leads to the speculation conclusion. If the idea of an asymmetric proton is correct, then how elements, isotopes and isomer come into existence is different from the established view.

In short, standard nuclear fusion leads to two hydrogen nuclei fusing together to form deuterium. From this point, I depart from standard fusion theory. I claim that deuterium polymerizes ( "sticks together" much like polystyrene or polyethylene but at the nuclear scale) to form polydeuterium under conditions that exist within a star. Once the formation of the polydeuterium sphere has exhausted the regular star material, the star shrinks, leaving the sphere in its own orbit. Once the sphere is exposed, it is subject to nuclear collisions. The result is that the polytdeuterium undergoes radioactive decay as small parts come off the polydeuterium sphere. This is the random birth of all elements, isotopes, and isomers. All of these pieces are fragments; they are not designed or "ordained" by God or anyone else.

This brings up the issue of the Periodic Table. This item is a human invention, a categorizing of elements. This is analogous to the Roman Catholic Church defining priests, monsignores, bishops, cardinals, pope, saints, angels, etc. The human invention of the Periodic Table does not "metaphysically" determine the nature of elements. The nuclear fragments have no awareness of our Periodic Table and they do not "obey" it. Keep in mind that the Roman Catholic Church decreed how the heavens were arranged: everything orbited around the Earth. Turned out not to be true.

A major problem in understanding elements is the case of Linus Pauling. He declared that chemical bonding occurred through electrons. However, electrons are highly repulsive. I am declaring that chemical bonding does not involve electrons at all, but occurs where the electrons are NOT located. Therefore, I am disagreeing with how the Periodic Table arranges itself, especially in regard to electron shells, orbits and orbitals.

The fact that certain elements exhibit several chemical valences demonstrates that there are no electron shells, orbits and orbitals. Instead, multiple valences imply nuclear geometry .

Naming three different nuclei as all being Hydrogen is arbitrary human nonsense. Tritium is quite distinct from deuterium which is quite distinct from single proton hydrogen. The hydrogen bomb does not contain any hydrogen; it contains tritium and deuterium.

An examination of the isotope table shows that most elements have many isotopes (nuclei which have identical chemical behavior but different nuclear weights), some radioactive and some stable. The isotope chart looks like a fragmentation spray from an exploding bomb. There is no "rhyme or reason" to it. Hint. Hint.

If protons are asymmetric and nuclei are mostly made of polydeuterium, then there are very few open protons in a nucleus. For instance, a Uranium-235 nucleus may have no more than 30 open protons on its surface. The open protons have their attendant electrons which give off a highly repulsive force that keeps other nuclei at a distance. Therefore, the repulsive volume of the atom is much larger than the nucleus. Apparently, Uranium-235 does not have enough open protons, because a high velocity neutron can collide with the nucleus and cause fission. When a nucleus has enough open, repulsive protons to protect itself from collision, then it is no longer "radioactive" but stable.

Mr. Morgan says that the Lithium nucleus has, by definition, three protons. The Pope, back in the 1650s decreed, by definition, that the Sun orbits the Earth. The head of the US Patent Office, decreed, in about 1899, that the office should be shut down because, by definition, all possible inventions had been made.

It ain't necessarily so....

My idea may be understandably difficult to grasp because it departs from mainstream thinking. But this idea does explain many phenomena that are currently unresolved: how planets form, how elements come into existence, the difference between radioactive and stable isotopes.

A number of practical applications may be possible. For instance, if Pons and Fleischman were to look at their results as cold fission - instead of cold fusion - we would be well on our way to "limitless" nuclear power by using deuterium as the fuel instead of Uranium-235 or Plutonium-239. If deuterium can be split in a controllable environment, we would have a rocket propulsion mechanism which could take us throughout the entire solar system with ease.