Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Get a friend of yours to read these threads. Especially the posts where recommendations were made as to how to work with publishers, getting a coauthor, etc.

Perhaps not. They likely wouldn't remain your friend for long.

Seems the problem here is that you didn't see them as guidance. Perhaps you should stop using a microscope and start using a telescope.

Either way I will henceforth ignore anything in this thread. Here's your chance to get in the last word. By all means take it.
My friends have read it. They are just as shocked as I am about your advice. Science is about science not about "attitude". As I have already pointed out, Newton is known to have had the worst attitude ever. If the scientsists at that time thought like you do, then we would not have had classical mechanics. So please look past "attitude" and judge science objectively (or do you grade your students on attitude and not ability; or pass a student provided he gives somebody else the credit?). There is no reason why I should suck up to a "co-author" or to an editor who is clearly an idiot. In the interest of science it should be pointed out when an editor is incompetent; as it has been in the case of Superconductor Science and Technology. One should not be an editor if you do not have the knowledge, ability and dedication to science required for the job.