Originally Posted By: Bill

Are you saying that nature doesn't have a balancing act going on? That things happen just because they happen and there doesn't have to be any way to enforce parity?

I suspect it does but we have no theoretical reason for nature to balance we simply have an observational evidence it does. In other words this is a gut feeling answer not a scientific answer.

You seem to be claiming that the math is what forces the universe to act the way it does. Math doesn't force anything. Math is how we work with nature, not how nature works. It just happens, fortunately, that math can be used to describe the way nature works. Remember that math is really just a fancy way to count. Bell's inequality is a mathematical way to work with entanglement that helps us understand how it works. It doesn't have anything to do with why it works.

And I agree totally with all of that as I have said before QM DESCRIBES THE UNIVERSE it does not explain it so I am not claiming mathematics has anything to do with how the universe works other than describing it. How many times do you need me to repeat that.

The problem with your answer is you violate the mathematics and hence the description of the universe. Entanglement may have nothing to do with balancing from what we can work out as it appears to be just a transacting process.

Just this week they entangled two different sorts of atoms and light

http://phys.org/news/2013-06-entanglement-optical-atomic-coherence.html

How does that have anything in that entanglement have anything to do with balancing nature?

I think our problem here is that you just keep saying I am wrong, but you don't really provide an alternative explanation. So until somebody comes up with a different way of looking at it, other than the math says it, I will just keep on assuming that I am probably some where close to correct.

I don't provide an alternative explaination because science doesn't know how it works at all. What we do know is you are wrong because science has invalidated your idea as it did Einstein and many others.

You can keep believing it if you like some still believe the earth is flat because it looks flat.

So please understand I am not trying to provide any answer and say I am right because I don't have an answer but I can easily invalidate your answer.

THE ANECDOTE OF BILL vs SCIENCE.

Bill: How does gravity work science.

Science: We have no idea but we have this mathematical formula that says all bodies are drawn towards earth with this unseen force described by newton's mathematics.

Bill: Rubbish nature is not determined by mathematics and I don't think there is an unseen force and am going to jump off this roof to prove it.

Science: No Bill we assure you that the mathematical description of gravity is quite correct we simply have no idea why the mathematics works.

Bill: So your saying nature is governed by mathematics, I don't believe you and so there is no gravity?

Science: No we are just saying our mathematics faithfully describes gravity but we have no clue why the mathematics works.

Bill: See you can't provide an alternative explaination so I will continue to believe my idea that there is no gravity ...... jeronimo (jumps)

Science: Ummmm someone call an ambulance it looks bad.

Last edited by Orac; 06/21/13 05:03 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.