Originally Posted By: Orac
Originally Posted By: Bill
This occurs with no obvious way for the 2 parts of the system to communicate. You imply that this link between the parts of the system is outside of what we recognize as spacetime. That may well be, but I think the jury is still out on that.

No it isn't out the verdict has been given by science all loopholes have been closed there are no hidden variables and that is what I find problematic with your statement.

The science is very clear as scientists we disliked the implication as much as anybody but you have to look clearly at the experiments and results.

You are left with only two viable options GOD or the universe extends outside the solid world dimensions we see.

I never said that there were hidden variables. I realize that all 3 of the explanations that were originally brought up have been ruled out. What I am saying is that this is on the fringe of modern physics, and that we shouldn't rule out other ways it works. You say that entanglement has to reach outside of space-time to make the connection. Can you make a positive statement that this is the consensus of most physicists? I say that there is no such consensus and that it is still an open question as to just how it works. However, I am willing to let the universe handle it.

It seems to me that some sort of conservation law, or whatever you want to call it, is what trips the balance. How the universe tracks attempts to infringe the law is a whole different question, and that is what you seem to be trying to address.

By the way, attempting to reason with newton is kind of a fruitless task.

Bill Gill

Last edited by Bill; 06/13/13 02:56 PM.

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.