The standard model creates that universe and the first particle off the reservation is the Higgs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model

Quote:

Nevertheless, the Standard Model is important to theoretical and experimental particle physicists alike. For theorists, the Standard Model is a paradigm of a quantum field theory, which exhibits a wide range of physics including spontaneous symmetry breaking, anomalies, non-perturbative behavior, etc. It is used as a basis for building more exotic models that incorporate hypothetical particles, extra dimensions, and elaborate symmetries (such as supersymmetry) in an attempt to explain experimental results at variance with the Standard Model, such as the existence of dark matter and neutrino oscillations. In turn, experimenters have incorporated the Standard Model into simulators to help search for new physics beyond the Standard Model.

So the importance of the Higgs to the standard model is given right there and after it comes all your string theories etc.

See nothing about entanglement in any of that stuff the standard model describes the first off solid world model and provides the kick off for more of it.

As I said if you go back to the original arguments about entanglement all this extra dimensions and string theory etc didn't even exist at science so it has no relevance to the discussion.

You are getting all that stuff confused with entanglement which is a more basic property of the universe because of it's QM nature.

The problem with QM which I have said many times but it is worth repeating is that it is a description of the universe not an explaination of it

The simple statement QM makes is this

Applying the superposition principle to a quantum mechanical particle, the configurations of the particle are all positions, so the superpositions make a complex wave in space. The coefficients of the linear superposition are a wave which describes the particle as best as is possible, and whose amplitude interferes according to the Huygens principle.

Most of that is easily understandable by a scientist except one thing => "complex wave in space"

Complex wave in space requires interpretation because complex waves by definition are a mathematical concept and space we assume means the solid construct around us.

That's the point QM gets hard because it's not exactly clear if QM is saying the universe is a mathematical construct, the universe isn't real or someone is manipulating a solid world model using mathematics or thousands of other possibilities.

I certainly have no idea or preference for what QM is implying what it is doing extremely accurately is describing the universe.

I would throw in that you accept gravity and its laws as a description in science and likewise for it you have absolutely no idea of why it comes about or what process it describes but you don't seem to struggle accepting gravity yet you struggle with QM?

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.