Originally Posted By: Revlgking
As per usual, TT, other than what you think of me, I just learned nothing about you, or from you.

That leaves you free to make your determinations of what I am about and who I am, Just like you assumed your position of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi after your friend told you what he believed about him, and without ever getting to know him or spend time with him personally.

What worth is there to any assumption if it is not your experience?

You and your idea of God. The testimonies to the opinions of your interpretations of realities assumed, in the comparisons you make from others who write of their experiences in their books on reality as you present them, do not convince me you understand what you are talking about.
It takes more than words to convince me you know of what you speak. I will give you this, you know how to drop names and copy and paste, but the conversation you make always leads back to what you feel is the reason for writing, which is to get attention.
That being your belief, as you have stated, I'd like to know why? What do you need from this attention you crave?

Why just talk the talk to get attention when you can walk the talk and be free of the need to be fed by the recognition of others?

Thanks, for nothing! Why bother to write if that is all you have to say?
You mean why bother to write if it is something you can't get behind and make your own without the experience?
Maybe so you can do something different with your life rather than end it after assuming everything you attach yourself to.
Sad!

Yes, what you represent and how you understand things is. Pretty much a waste of mind.

BTW, I agree that Jesus did not go around boasting that he was better than other people, but in Luke 2:52, it is stated clearly that, even as a youth he was no wimp. Even with older and wise teachers in the Temple, he did not hold back from having a dialogue with them. Luke writes that he grew physically and mentally and in favour with God and men.

Yes and through the example of his knowledge and mastery. However it never impressed the Pharisees or Sadducees as they asked the same question you ask. "Who are you, but a son of a carpenter? We are men of breeding and of title! Who are you to tell us about God?!" They didn't much like his dialogue, because it made reference to their weaknesses in spirituality and character.

Some people will only accept truths that follow titles and the intimidation of authority.

Likewise, he deliberately told his disciples stand up, have faith in themselves, speak out, launch off into the deep, to get things done and not hide their light under a bushel, keeping others in the dark. Let your light shine.

Which obviously had nothing to do with preparing a resume or a list of background references, but rather to speak of Truth without insisting the ignorant agree, or take a liking to them.

Paul, in Philippians 2, 6-11--the famous KENOSIS passage--writes poetically that "He always had the nature of God ... " and many other wonderful qualities.

Qualities that a man with no experience of God could appreciate. Which is why the authorities of title, and with the need to protect themselves from the scrutiny of others put him to death on the cross.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!