Quote:
use various scientific techniques based on the radioactive decay of various elements.

and I suppose that since a fossil isn't actually the genuine
part of the animal but is only a shape that makes up what
the animal used to look like.

then the dating of a fossil is based on the radioactive elements
that replace the genuine part of the animal that the fossil represents then.

or is the fossil dated by the radio active elements found surrounding the fossil?

which is it?

or is it both?

is this how they determine the age of the radio active elements?

so they simply find the degree of radio activity remaining
in the rock surrounding the fossil then , am I close?

and the degree of radio activity of the rock is how the fossil's age is determined?

and , here is something else that I was wondering about.

Quote:
The half-life of potassium-40 is 1,310 million years

how did they determine what the half life of potassium-40 was?

let me just toss this in and see what it looks like.

we know that there have been floods in the past , mostly small floods and some that covered very large geographical areas.

one that covered the entire earth.

flood waters and erosion from rain even tend to cause erosion
some times on a very large scale.

this could mix everything up a bit.

maybe noah didnt have time to build an ark big enough to
carry the dinosaurs so they drowned.

they settled to the bottom , then the sediments from the flood waters settled mixed in with elements from all the melted ice that was at the poles...are there any radio active elements in that ice?

wouldn't that mix things up a great deal?

I think it would.

and I wonder why (not really ) science also denies that a global flood ever took place.

of course if all the ice at the poles melted durring the 6-12 months that the waters were receding then that would
have erased the ice core record.

Quote:
Otherwise, religious fundamentalists are forced to claim that all the fossils are of the same age, somehow buried in the rocks by some extraordinary catastrophe, perhaps Noah’s flood.

seem's like a plan to me.
now when science uses the word "rocks" arent they really speaking about sediments?

I mean after all a dinosaur couldn't really climb inside a rock and die could it.

and why is it that most dinosaur fossil's are found in a
clump of dead dinosaurs , did they plan that or did the flood waters cause that?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.