Quote:
Of course! That's what any antenna does!

So what you are saying is that there would be a limited number of these devices that could be used , otherwise
the entire amount of power in the form of radio waves that the transmitting radio station produces would be absorbed by the devices if enough are used and that would reduce or even eliminate the effectiveness of the radio broadcast itself rendering it useless as long as these devices are being used in a large quantity.

I can see lawsuits that will demand that the manufacturers of these devices supply there own source of energy to be supplied to the devices.

in effect eliminating there usefullness.

somebody has got to pay for the electricity.

Quote:
I assume there will be future advances on batteries that make them never run out. We won't need power grids because a single battery will last forever. If you doubt me, you'd better prove it.

maybe this would work for the energy that the devices would need its not a battery but if this stuff works then you could certainly charge your battery with a effectively limitless power supply , LOL.
then I would like to add your above spill would be comming true.

http://www.freesolarpro.com/weblog/125

Quote:
A group of scientists at INL have developed a thin sheet of plastic that contains billions of nano antennas that are able to collect solar energy even after the sun goes down. They are dubbing these "nantennas". The process is inexpensive and, when perfected, will revolutionize the solar industry.

and

Quote:
These are able to absorb 80% of the energy contained in infrared wavelengths.

80% , could this reduce the effects of global warming?
if you were to capture the energy and beam in out into space.

the above would be more along the lines of no cost or free energy because it uses the heat produced by our sun.
but it can use any heat source , maybe we could even wear them to power our devices because we emit heat.

something tells me that some scientist dont exactly have the belief system that most scientist have been afflicted with.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.