Quote:
No, what I need is an electronic control to activate the element at appropriate times so I don't have to pay attention to it.

your still going to use the same amount of electricity to heat your water to a given temperature even using a timer switch , but heres one that would do the job.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?h...ved=0CDUQ8wIwAQ

these things are only good if you are away from your home a day or so all the time.

for instance you could switch your water heater off on friday and then back on on monday using the above timer.

but as I said what you really need is good thick insulation
so that your water heater does not loose the heat that you are paying for when your not using it.

Quote:
You might have forgotten that electricity is so cheap it's practically free. $400 per year? Sure that might be important if your income was $1000/year, but it's not.

It may be cheap , but I get a kick out of lowering my monthly bills , and lowering the amount of pollution that I would normaly be causing.

and if things keep going the way they have been and another republican gets in as the president we might all have to save every penney we can as the republicans seem to want us to lower our expectations concerning wages and living conditions in general.

so in a way Im also expressing my opinion of republicans.

and Im showing just how much I think about their constituents
by lowering my energy bill.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.