Quote:
Solar power isn't free energy.

I dont recall ever getting a bill from the sun for using its energy , and that means that when I use it to heat my home and my water, its free , free energy.

the construction cost of the systems I use can not be counted when counting energy cost , as that cost will dimminish every hour I use them , eventually leaving me with a essentially limitless source of free energy.

my water heating system cost about $200.00 to build.
my water heater USED to use 2 4500 watt heating elements.

on the side of my water heater there is a label that says this water heater uses apx $403.00 worth of electricity per year.

but I removed the wires leading to the elements.

so I have saved in the last year $403.00 , thus my construction cost have been repaid and I now get free energy in the form of hot water.

105 F hot water

BTW , it took awhile to figure out the volumes and the cycling to keep the temperature of the water from escalating to above 190 F which is the temperature inside the collector on a sunny day and maintaining a moderate water temperature of 105 F.

my water heater will store hot water for 3 days.

Quote:
We can already get electricity from the sun.

yes we can !!!

however the greed has made that electricity out of reach for most people , I suppose I could use solar pannels to do the same job but the cost difference and the 20 year lifetime restrictions caused me to use a more affordable and longer lasting solar collector instead.

9000 Watts of the cheapest solar pannels would cost apx $150.00 per 40 Watts and probably another $50.00 per pannel installed
and would consume my entire rooftop.

9000 Watts/ 40 Watts = 225 pannels

225 x 200 = $45,000.00

$45,000.00 to do the same job heating my water as the $200.00 collector.

I choose the $200.00 version in lew of wasting the extra
$44,800.00

so yes its free energy , free in more ways than one.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.