Quote:
Remember, we are talking about microwatts per square mete

well microwatts range from .000999 Watts to .000001 Watts
so unless you can tell me how many microwatts you are talking about per sq/meter then your comment doesnt carry much weight

Please post a link to where you found that information.

I found it , its on the UGT web site.

http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/device-captures-ambient-energy/

Quote:
Scavenging experiments utilizing TV bands have already yielded power amounting to hundreds of microwatts, and multi-band systems are expected to generate one milliwatt or more. That amount of power is enough to operate many small electronic devices, including a variety of sensors and microprocessors.

And by combining energy-scavenging technology with super-capacitors and cycled operation, the Georgia Tech team expects to power devices requiring above 50 milliwatts. In this approach, energy builds up in a battery-like supercapacitor and is utilized when the required power level is reached.

well , it looks as if they expect to get as much as 50 milliwatts.

.050 Watts

a home that has a roof with a surface area of 15 meters x 30 meters is 450 sq meters and .050 watts per sq/meter means you could get apx 22.5 Watts from the roof alone.

and these could be located under your solar pannels. LOL

Quote:
I am sure that they were not talking about powering transmitters that would have to generate as much as 100 mW of RF power.

does your cell phone generate 100 mW of RF power?

Quote:
What one of the other posters mentioned was that they were talking about powering extremely low power device.

thats what they were talking about , but why stop there when the area is available to put the antennas on a home
and power your tv , your dvd , and with a storage system storing wattage 24/7 why not all your appliances as long as there is enough stored wattage.

I have a computer that uses only 50 watts , so in the future we can expect even smaller lighter less energy consumming products
( due to the shipping weights from china )
that could replace the heavy bulky appliances we now use.

plus you can buy refrigerators that use a fraction of what a normal refrigerator uses.

etc..etc..etc...

so you can downgrade it all you want , the fact is that as long as it can produce enough to reduce the energy demand it will fade away.

and they are just printing the entire device on a sheet of plastic , the antenna the circutry and all.

knowing they can do that in America with a printer tells me that we can print our own appliances in America.

and with that said , why couldnt you have a antenna that captures movies and data etc...etc...

this really could turn into something big if it wernt for the greedy rich people who have already spent all their money on chinas economy.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.