Originally Posted By: paul
if you burn a pigs foot it is transformed into other stuff.
if you burn gas it is transformed into other stuff.

neither is destroyed.

I think you're talking about conservation of energy there. As you just said, if you burn a pig's foot it's not longer a pig's foot, it's other stuff.

So the convervation of energy isn't obvious and meaningless. Most things aren't conserved. Energy seems to be. Electric current isn't conserved, temperature isn't conserved, pressure isn't conserved, force isn't conserved. These quantities can be converted to other forms, but that counts as "destroying" them. Energy doesn't suffer this problem because every form that it can be converted to is also classified as energy.

Quote:

the first law is 100% correct , its just used improperly as it is only used in thermodynamics and it applies to everything.

If it's correct then no perpetual motion machine can produce energy. Or are you saying _everything_ is conserved, not just energy? That really is just a twisting of the English language and has nothing to do with science.

Quote:

in a closed container pressure is equally distributed in all directions , this means that the water pressure surrounding the object is equal everywhere on its outside.

No. Even with the applied pressure, there's still the same pressure gradient caused by gravity. They didn't even make your claim in the video. Maybe there's a hole drilled up the middle of the wooden(?) floater?

If the pressure gradient dissapeared, then any floating thing would sink, including the air at the top of the bottle!

Quote:

does you hand float up when you go outside?

Huh? How is that relevent? Please say what you mean directly.

Quote:

they intentionaly keep some compressed air inside to ballast the submarine at a desired depth.

No. A submerged submarine isn't in stable equilibrium. It's either sinking or floating. They have to continually adjust the bouyancy to maintain a fixed depth hydrostatically.

Quote:

do you have a physics book?

I have quite a few. Why do you ask? I don't refer to them much anymore because the internet is easier.