Quote:

I have thought of building a HHO engine but I am still figuring out all of the different efficientcies that can be built into it as I am not designing an engine that runs on a product but one that runs on water alone.

What efficiency are you aiming for? Increase from 10% to 15%? 20%? That's nowhere near the >100% required.

Quote:

with a little salt or some other additive to increase the conductiveness of the water that only needs to be added

I've made a small HHO generator once, and adding salt did spectacularly increase the output rate. But it also spectacularly increased the power consumption: P=V^2/R

Quote:

I believe it will work as I believe that 1 + 2 = 3

A few years ago I found a giant gold nugget in the forest. It would have been worth millions of dollars. It was too big to dig out by hand and I didn't have a spade so I just left it there. It was at 39°43'15.08"N, 104°47'39.76"W and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I'll pick it up. Can't afford the airfare at the moment tho. I hope somebody else can find it so it doesn't go to waste just laying in the dirt.

Apart from the unlikely find, do you see a problem with my behavior in this story? This is analogous to the people writing those no-fuel generator websites. Why don't they bother taking the last few steps to get the huge payoff?

Quote:

using your energy out = < energy in method ?

Not sure about the universe, but it is extremely useful all over the place. Eg. I expect a 2000W heater to make twice as much heat as a 1000W heater. Why? Because the heat output is equal to the 1000/2000W electrical input. Power in = power out. Seems trivial but wouldn't you be suprised to find that the lower wattage heater produced more heat, while costing less on the power bill?

Quote:

900 litres of displaced water at 100 ft depth would probably get all or more of your (energy in ) back before you begin the (energy out) process.

You answered that yourself. The higher pressure underwater means it requires more energy to generate the HHO.

Similarly the reason that using vacuum isn't amazing is because it requires a vacuum pump that must continually use energy. Even if it's the engine, it's still using energy sucking gas through a pressure difference. That's energy that could have gone into the crankshaft. Don't believe me? Using a carburetted car, try repeatedly stomping on the brakes while the engine's idling. The booster uses up so much vacuum that the revs drop. Well it did for me, YMMV.

I'm still waiting for you to build it. Remember the rewards - richer than God, the new Einstein, Nobel prize, end global warming, end food shortages, prevent oil shortage, stop pollution, improve everybody's life. With that kind of motivation I don't know where you find the time to talk to people on message boards.