12 points to make you madder than a hatter!

What a dumb conversation. And I'm dumber than all you for joining in.

1 - earth's been around forever. (I know - billions - who care? forever)

2 - humans are part of nature - separation of "natural" and "artificial" is stupid for this kind of discussion.

3 - earth goes in temperature cycles with sun, moon, volcanos, supernovae, bacteria, trees, cows, and of late, humans.

4 - idiots who want to preserve the status quo should live on the moon. Other than a few meteor crashes, the status quo is almost always maintained there. earth is dynamic. evolution is dynamic. don't like it - go live (or die) somewhere else.

5 - who says global warming is "bad?" Value judgments like these are matters of policy - not science. the politicization of GW (I guess you'd have to call it GW-B (global warming bad) is so obvious to any dispassionate person that it reduces credibility of all the so-called "science." Both sides. Only an idiot would think that the waters in this field are clear.

6 - humans (and other life) adapts. Unless earth becomes trends toward venus really fast, people will adapt. I could foresee a time when 135dg F will seem cold to our descendants. Who's to say that's bad?

7 - you never know what good comes from a situation. if the dinos hadn't died off, maybe all the fools here (remember it includes me) wouldn't be alive today. Hmmm... maybe that would've been a good thing.

8 - those who *be-lieeeeeve* in global warming tend to be of one type: bo-o-o-o-oring - as in Al Go-o-o-o-oring. Of course, even bores can be correct, but even if they are, it makes me say: Global warming? Bring it on! Maybe it'll get the bores to shut-the-heck-up. Sanctimonious jerks - couldn't sell water to a dehydrated Arab in the Sahara.

9 - no - I don't like the oil companies - I don't side with those who *be-lieeeeeve* there's no GW-B. But I sure like their personalities better.

10 - when someone takes "the money" out of the discussion on GW-B, let me know. Maybe I'll give the discussion some credence at that point.

11 - Just because you're clever with words (that includes me - though I don't think I'm clever with words...) doesn't make you accurate. Doesn't make you wrong, either. But the two are independent. And referring to so-called news magazines that are really shills for the Democratic party and left wing agendas is no better than a bible thumper telling me that the bible is the word of god because the bible says so. circular statements don't make for good reasoning.

12 - most of all - only an idiot would take this post seriously. if you're all hot and bothered, you really ought to look at yourself in the mirror and ask why you are such a prickly, thin-skinned moron who reacts to words like these with such a wicked temper. I write this way because I L-O-O-V-E to tweak people like you. smile

13 - Finally, let's make this a baker's dozen - a toast on this day of Thanksgiving to all Americans (and anyone from other nations who would like to join the party) - idiots on the Left or Right and all the reasonable people in-between who just want to have a reasonable life. May we know that regardless of the words - and I've said a lot - that we're all in this together, and no matter who's right or wrong over the long haul, we really might try to be nicer to each other on a day-by-day.

Playfully yours,
Harry Gett