Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
I am quite well aware of both the size of the planet, the size of the atmosphere, and far more importantly the size of the oceans.

But then I also go to the library here at the university and read actual science written by actual scientists in peer reviewed journals. Not the politically inspired rubbish in the popular press.

We are actually the primary cause. Really. We are. I know you find this amazing but it is the fact. And it is fact proven by study after study after study.
yes its been proven in study after study by scientist that are ignoreing the long term (billions of years, not decades) and are paid for by ppl wanting to prove that man is the only cause of the problem.

that is why there are also just as many studies that say that man is not the primary cause, or that there is a cooling trend rather than a warming trend, or that there is no trend at all. those studies can prove what every the scientist wish them to prove, just like polls. as far as what they popular press has to say, i could not tell you, ive not seen any articles on it for decades, not since it was proven that they had no clue what they were saying. i might not live in a libray, but i do have access to a library, its called the internet, and its impossible for school officials to determined what goes into it so as to not rock their ideas.

if you were actually aware of the full size of the atmosphere and the oceans, you would be aware that the total amount of carbon pumped out by humans in the last 500 years (that mean including pre industrial age) is insignificant compair to what a single super volcano can do in four days. what we have done with sulpher is trivial compare to a normal volcano can possible do (mount st helen really was not that large), let alone what a super (or caldera) volcano can do in mare hours. yet these do not destroy the earth, like your average scare monger warming trend advocate would tell you

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.