harrygett wrote:
"2-humans are part of nature - separation of "natural" and "artificial" is stupid for this kind of discussion."

Not if the discussion is taking place in the English language where the nuanced difference is well understood.

"3-earth goes in temperature cycles"

And it spins on its axis too ... Whoopee!

"4-idiots who want to preserve the status quo should live on the moon."

Idiots who think this is about maintaining the status quo should get a brain transplant?

"5-who says global warming is "bad?"

All of the people who stand to starve, all the people who stand to lose their homes and livelihoods, all those people who are not so self-centered and egotistical that they don't care about other lifeforms on the planet. And, BTW, I care!

"6-humans (and other life) adapts."

No they don't.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/061113175931.htm
But then you really don't care about reality do you? What have you done, so far in your life, that wasn't totally self-serving? What have you done that justifies the oxygen and space you consume?

"7-you never know what good comes from a situation.

Great logic. No doubt some good would come from murdering children with cancer too. Look at all the medical resources that wouldn't be wasted and could be devoted to giving you a personality transplant.

"8-those who *be-lieeeeeve* in global warming tend to be of one type: bo-o-o-o-oring - as in Al Go-o-o-o-oring.

I'm as boring as a heart attack. Try me!

"9-no - I don't like the oil companies"

Bloody irrelevant. Science does not depend on your likes and dislikes. But your statement is certainly another confirmation of your self-centered nature.

"10-Maybe I'll give the discussion some credence at that point."

Oh please don't. Don't give anything here at SAGG any credence. We just got rid of one troll and are not taking applications for the position.

"12 - most of all - only an idiot would take this post seriously."

You are correct. And not being an idiot I am not taking your post seriously. What I do take seriously is that the public education system in your country has failed to create a responsible, well eduacated, civilized member of society. A tragedy as certainly as is the Greenland melt.

DA Morgan