Quote:
Originally posted by Pragmatist:
And now we get back to your question.

Why does your 'moving` observer perceive
no change in C?

Because the length of his 'yardstick` changes.
Google 'Fitzgerald Lorentz contraction`.

My question to you:
How is your observer to perceive light moving away from him?
The "moving observer" perceives no change in light speed because according to him he is stationary relative to his inertial
reference frame. Therefore all observers will measure light speed as c relative to their own inertial reference frames; they are all in effect stationary. Corrections for "contractions" only need to be made when you are observing events occurring relative to an inertial reference frame moving relative to yourself; for example, the clock in a GPS sattellite clicks away at the same speed as it would if it were on earth; but as observed from earth it is not, and therefore a correction has to be made.

As I have said it is a type of an "illusion" but the illusiopn is "real"; for example, kinetic energy is a similar "illusion". When a mass m travels with you it has no kinetic energy within your reference frame; however, within a reference frame relative to which you are moving an observer will conclude that the mass has kinetic energy. Although this observation is an "illusion" as observed relative to the reference frame within which the mass m is stationary; it is a "real" factor within the reference frame relative to which the mass is moving.

Thus to state that: "the length of his 'yardstick` changes.", is not possible within his reference frame; it only seems to you as if it is the case from your reference frame. If you can teleport to his reference frame you will find that the 'yardstick' is not really any shorter, because now you also will be stationary relative to the 'yardstick'.

I hope this helps.