i actually got the understanding from reading the theory, and from reading what researchers said, not what teachers said. as for my physics teacher, he was a good math teacher.

there is a big difference between me and the arthor your mentioning: i dont say that researchers have been mislead, only that some of the teachers are not teaching what the researchers are finding. I personally find it more likely when that if a researcher and a teacher have opposite views, the researcher would more likely have a better understanding of it. Ill follow what the researchers say, much more often than arm chair scientist. when i read that more than one researcher say its the perception of the viewer that shows the difference speed, while the reality is that the speed of light is not different at all, AND i have an armchair scientist who gives links to things that prove him wrong claiming they prove him right, saying that the of light is the 186000 miles per second in relation to someone that is moveing .8 light (or .5 or .75) AND at the same time is moving 186000 miles per second in relationship to someone not moving at all. then i'll listen to the researcher, and tell the armchair scientist that he has shown his ignorance once more.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.