Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
Quote:
Originally posted by dehammer:
Quote:
Originally posted by little cotton:
Would i be slowed down instantly?before time stretching(even though i duno what it is)slows me down,i can't observe any change in c?
the faster you go the more time dialation occurs. its relative.
Time dilation does not occur within the reference frame moving with you. You still measure the same time. It only seems that time dilation is occurring in your reference frame when observed by observers in reference frames moving relative to you. The faster an observer moves relative to you, the more he/she will conclude that the time in your reference frame ticks away slower. From your perspective you will conclude that the time in his/her reference frame is ticking slower.
please explain this to me. a pair of twins get separated, one going to alpha century in a space ship. the other staying on earth.

according to what you wrote the one in the space ship will see that the person that stayed on earth is slowing down. that means that after he makes the round trip from alpha century at 3/4 light speed (about 10 years). his brother who stayed on earth will only be 4 years older while he the brother that went on the trip will be 10 years older.

the person that sees his brother leave in the space ship will see his brother slow down, and will only age about 4 years in the 10 years it takes the ship to get back.

please explain, there are only two of them. how can they both see the other not age, while they do.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.