Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer asks:
"if one person says the sun rises in te west and everyone else says it rises in the east, what is the chance the sun is truely rising in the west."

What a truly lame pathetic analogy.

Ok ... lets try it your way.

Lets determine our national language by vote ... I vote we all speak Chinese: I win.

Lets determine the melting temperature of ice in degrees Celsius ... I vote 3.62 degrees.

100 years ago you likely would have asked for a vote to determine whether 747s were possible. Computers? Antibiotics?

To quote Dostoevsky:
"Nature doesn't consult you; it doesn't give a damn for your wishes or whether
its laws please you or do not please you. You must accept it as it is. . . ."

Your opinion and that of other equally uninformed people are valueless when discussing science. What has value is the scientific method. Feel free to bring forward peer-reviewed journal publications if you wish to dispute matters of science fact.
your right this is an even better analagy. you claim what we are speaking is chinees, while every else is saying we are speaking english.

its not a matter of vote. its a matter of who is seeing the reality.

here is the perfect one. everyone else says that water freezes at 32 f /0 c. do you really think that by claiming that everyone else is wrong that you will convience anyone that it freezes at 3.62 c. as you pointed out nature does not listen to you. neither do anyone else that has the ability to see for themself what is there. the only ppl you will convience are ppl that choise to not read. then again, once they see the way you win arguements is to insult everyone else, even they will stop listening.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.