you grow weary of me not remembering, yet you cant find where i said that LED's did not exist. since you claim i did, maybe its your memory that is messed up.

i find it incomprehensible that someone with no more manners than you and no better ability to read can be a college instructor. you cant even post only threads that support your arguements rather that a good percentage of the time posting ones that destroy your arguement. all of my comments earlier were about lasers with cavities and things and you then attacked me about it. i might have missed a small point but it appeared at one point that you were claiming that all lasers did not use mirrors. even diode lasers used mirroring. IF you understood anything about lasers you would know that. the only difference bewteen normal type cavity lasers and diodes is that the mirroring effect is done by polishing the ends of the diode, rather than putting mirrors at the end of the cavity. otherwise it would not reflect. this and the fact that you claim that diodes dont use mirroring effect proves that you know nothing about lasers. any body can use a cookbook to follow a recipte, but a chief understands how everything comes together. It would appear from your writing that you were following a "cookbook" approach to making lasers (or most likely buying them) to appear cool or something. that does not mean you took the time to understand it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.