Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
JohnnyBoy wrote:
"He will then see that the second observer catches up partially with the light moving away from the second observer;"

dehammer has no point. He doesn't understand elementary school level relativity.

He points out the issue rather clearly, above, when he says "if he can overcome the time dilation problem."

When pigs sprout wings and fly.

Time dilation isn't a problem to overcome ... it is the law.
at our lvl of understanding its does appear to be unavoidable. but then again. it was less than 1.25 centuries ago that "man could not fly" was considered a law too. there might be a way of overcomeing it that we havent the slightest clue about. by the same tolken getting to .99 c is at this time beyound our capacity too. Its a "law" that it would take infinite energy to reach that point. therefore if you total arguement is based on what is the "law", why are you even bothering to post. if time dialation slows your perception to 1/7 that of an outsider, and you are traveling at 6/7 the speed of light, light will seem to be moving at precisely the same speed. but since you will mass 7 times that of what you were originally how would you get to that speed anyway.

we are not discussing things that are possible now.

you do seem to be trying to wrestle me into the reverse of what i was originally saying but im not. if your doing some political game of pushing ppl into the opposite arguement, look else where.

as i have said, light speed is the same no matter what speed you are doing.

time dilation can make the difference between what speed you are going and the speed of light seem to be the same as it would appear to a outsider observer. this is my original point and what im saying all alone.

argue what you want, the speed of light leaving the second person is no faster or slower than the speed of light leaving the person in the ship.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.