Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
I am sorry but I canot let this sentence from dehammer pass: i.e.

"if you go close to it, time slows down for you in comparison to the the person that it is not moving in relation to light. if he could see you, to him you would appear to be motionless. if you could see him, he would appear to be moving in a blur".

light is moving relative to all persons with a speed c; i.e. all persons are moving "in relation to light" (whatever this means) with a speed c". If a person moves relative to you with a speed approaching light speed, you will (according to his reference frame) move relative to him with a speed near light speed. There is no "blur". According to both observers the time of the other observer seems to be passing more slowly; however, within both frameworks the local time passes at the same rate the so-called proper time rate.
im afraid im having trouble with this.

if two ppl are moving at the same speed in relative to each other, they will see each other moving normal. they will be affect identically. to them, everything will appear to be normal. what will not seem to be moving normal is the things going slower in relation to light. these things will seem to be moving much faster. the slower the other things are moving in relation to light, the faster they will appear to the ppl moving at near light speed. to someone who is not moving in relation to light, will see them hardly moving. that is because time has not dialated for them (if that is the proper term, im not really sure - what else do you call it when time slows for you).

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.