Again I don't know anything that has emerged from nothing nor do I know anything that can or has existed for ever.

Both answers are unlikely, impossible, stupid, crazy, absurd, nutty and any other description you care to use. It's telling you the logic in the question is flawed and inconsistent smile

For some reason you prefer the answer of the "always been here universe" which is just as stupid as the reverse and has exactly the same data to back it up.

I would ask you what came before the eternal universe because your crazy layman logic demands that we have a start point smile

Most religions put GOD as the start point so what are you going to put there for the start of the great eternal universe Bill S?

It's not hard to understand the question is the problem and thousands of versions of these flawed logical questions exist would you like me to give you some? The chicken and egg problem is probably the most widely known which is probably only resolvable to those who don't accept evolution.

Last edited by Orac; 12/11/14 02:54 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.