In the mid 1950s I was building a carrier to use 35mm film in an ancient enlarger. I needed two lengths of curved spring. I went to a clock repair shop to see if I could purchase an old clock spring. I explained what I wanted and the shop owner bombarded me with technical questions that he said needed to be answered before he could know what kind of spring I should have. I left empty handed. In the next shop the man listened to my explanation, rummaged in his throw out box and gave me exactly what I needed. Guess where I went later to buy a clock.

We have a similar situation here.

Quote:
Define "number"

Perfectly reasonable request, but also the “go-to” response for avoiding saying “don’t know”.

Quote:
There is nothing different between infinity, zero, irrational, negative and complex numbers depending on what number system you are using they may or may not exist.

What sort of difference are you referring to? If it makes no difference which number system is used, why do you ask me to specify a number system in order to validate my question?

Quote:
You keep asking the same stupidly worded questions….

Have you thought that that is because I keep getting the same evasive, irrelevant responses?

Quote:
1.) What numbering system does the universe use and why?

If stupid questions were six inches tall, that would be a six-footer! What degree of presumption does one have to aspire to in order to think he/she can know what the Universe uses? Are you asking what numbering system scientists use when trying to understand the Universe? If so, perhaps you should take your own advice and ask the right question. If not, you should justify your presumption.

Quote:
2.) Is infinity as used above exactly as defined under the choice of the above numbering system.

This question is meaningless unless one has first answered the question: “Is infinity a number?”

Quote:
3.) Is time being defined as a change in observation or are you using it as some other scalar quantity. Even in physics there are multiple definitions of time including Classical, GR and QM to name but a few. What definition of time are you using in the question.

Inherent in this is the assumption that the way in which we choose to define time actually makes a difference to time itself. How would you justify that assumption?

Quote:
4.) Finally using your definition of time in 3 define eternity it is not in any way a technical or precise term.

I have not defined time. This point can be addressed only if the question: “Is eternity a length of time?” has been answered.

Quote:
Even in layman speak someone can wait an eternity meaning they waited something like an hour.

I would not insult your intelligence by assuming that you really think that has any relevance.

Quote:
At the moment it appears you don't really want an answer because you refuse to make the questions more precise

That is judgemental, arrogant and unwarranted.

There never was nothing.