Originally Posted By: pokey
"...go down to your nearest metalwork shop...That is 6 inches exactly plus and minus nothing..."

Having metal working experience, all professional mechanical drawings (the old blueprints) I've worked with have a tolerance for length (x,y,z) and angles.

Fwiw

At least someone sees and has experience with the problem of any actual physical construction.

Now as far as we can tell an atom of an element is EXACTLY the same they are completely indistinguishable smile

Pretty neat trick from the universe building system isn't it and it's even trickier when you throw in Heisenberg uncertainty principle. I bet metal workshops would love to know how it does it we could have blueprints with "PAUL EXACT" (tm) measurements on them.

Somehow some forum posters can't see there is a serious issue with how the mathematics as they normally use them for construction is ever going to hold together to do this feat in the real universe. Ignoring all that they then want to ask what infinity means under that ridiculous broken system and half baked ideas.

The answer is you can't use normal real number mathematics and classical construction ideas and that has been known since 1905 but some obviously missed that memo smile

Last edited by Orac; 11/27/14 05:11 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.