Originally Posted By: Bill S.
In the mid 1950s I was building a carrier to use 35mm film in an ancient enlarger. I needed two lengths of curved spring. I went to a clock repair shop to see if I could purchase an old clock spring. I explained what I wanted and the shop owner bombarded me with technical questions that he said needed to be answered before he could know what kind of spring I should have. I left empty handed. In the next shop the man listened to my explanation, rummaged in his throw out box and gave me exactly what I needed. Guess where I went later to buy a clock.

Just goes to show you that one can easily connect with another in concepts, and then others just get lost in their own minds regarding self constructed details in relevance to the personal isolation of ones self and ones reality.

It then comes down to a choice or willingness to expand beyond the fear of the "personal" being erased by anything that doesn't agree with ones beliefs... or ones experience... or the fear that the personal reality won't be revered by others in the fashion that one desires it to be worshiped, when an argument ensues and the ad hominem becomes the standard when responding to some thing, or some one.

If you can't rule the world, destroy it. wink

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!