I guess I shouldn't really complain about finiter if our own scientists are going to do it

Here => (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v479/n7371/full/479006a.html)

Quote:

In September, CERN's council discussed a report on ‘The scientific significance of the possible exclusion of the SM Higgs boson in the mass range 114–600 GeV and how it should be best communicated'. The public version of the document, available online, emphasizes that the failure to find the Higgs would be just as exciting as a discovery. Privately, discussions are under way on whether the lab should announce that a negative result ‘excludes' the Higgs, which sounds final, or merely ‘disfavours' it — as 95% leaves a bit of wriggle room.

At best I will say they are trying to cover there Butts as they sold the LHC that it would find the higgs. At worst they are doing a finiter and trying to deny the result because they so cherish there little higgs particle. So I really hope it's more a PR disaster reason.

You know my view on the Higgs from the above discussion, finding the Higgs would cause us some angst with recent QM experimental observations, so for us no Higgs is good news.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.