Originally Posted By: Orac
Space is expanding not stretching so the answer is c. ... For us the walls for time-space are racing out into the nothingness so space is getting bigger and bigger.
... eventually the universe will become a bleak empty place and when we look up at the heavens there will be few stars as the matter of the universe will be vastly spaced out.
Orac, I think I understand what you just wrote. However, I can't say that I understand what this means for us now, or even for those who come after us.
May add: Whenever I try to read articles about the latest findings, like the one, as follows, which you mentioned--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unruh_effect --I have to admit I am a loss as to what it, especially the maths, is all about.
However, when I read you say--and note my edit
Quote:
I am afraid we don't have a lot of answers, we have a lot of questions.

The one thing we do predict, if that view is correct, is: It will be found that the Higgs particle will not exist, because, remember, particles are only virtual effects caused by inertia.
I don't feel quite so blank.
=====================
The story is told of an art teacher who, noticed that one of the students seemed lost in trance-like thought as he drew.
The teacher stopped and asked the student:
"What are you drawing?"
"I am drawing a picture of God" the student said.
"But no one knows what God looks like" said the teacher.
"They will when I am finished" said the student. smile

Voltaire(1694-1778), the French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist was once asked his idea of God. He is credited with responding: "God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference nowhere."

Me? G.O.D. is an unfinished and individualized process-like concept . The child within me is happy using the imagination. However, the adult I am wants to add intellect, reason, science--with all those questions.

Sure I appreciate the role and value of childhood, but in no way do I object to facing the questions of life--even the tough ones without answers, yet.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org