Originally Posted By: paul

in fact the force that the earth feels because of the
cars weight decreases because the cars are moving.

Let's not get side-tracked into movement.

Quote:

were using the turn , in fact you believed that a
4000N force became 12,566N because the forces were

It didn't 'become'. 8000N was simply the average longitudinal component of the radial force.

Quote:

I can tell your getting stumped on this one , because
your reaching into the insult bag to try and cover
your losses.

I'm doing that because you're frustrating me. You're also being dishonest. Why didn't you show the downward forces in your diagrams? All those arrows but you neglected to include, or even mention the very ones that I had claimed would be there.

Quote:

and Im not sure where you get amplifying forces
from, the 4 springs dont amplify forces , they
only direct forces , I didnt include any mechanical advantages in the design.

Yep, your mechanism gives more mechanical advantage the further it's flattened down. Look up "toggle mechanism". With 4000N applied on top, the side forces can increase way beyond 1000N each. In theory, they become infinite when the linkages are horizontal. That's how vice-grips work.

Quote:

completely , even if only a portion of the force
is directed outward , then the final result would

Exactly all of the applied force is directed in the same direction it's applied in. There are _extra_ forces directed outward, but these don't take anything away from the longitudinal force.

If you still can't afford Meccanno, you can build this with biro springs and popsicle sticks. Test it by placing it on a scales with a weight on top. See that the weight weighs less with the device under it.