Originally Posted By: kallog
Paul, are you making an effort to misunderstand me? I never said that, I even clarified that fact when you mentioned it before. Please read my messages more carefully. I never said there is a force in the + direction applied to the pipe during the 1st turn.

LOL , dont try to maneuver your way out of that one, you have always said through the entire discussion that the pipe would somehow move in the (+) direction because the mass goes through the 1st turn.

it shows clearly in your graphs that you put up
showing the (+) direction indicating that the pipe doesnt just stop.

as is shown in the above graph you posted , the pink line represents the pipe displacement , you always return the pipe to ZERO because of the 1st turn.

that reversal would require +8000N and you used the total change in the momentums direction +8000N to accomplish that reverse in the pipes direction.

kallog concerning the above graph, in order for the pipe to reverse direction you must first
apply a +4000N force to stop the pipe and then to get the pipe back to the ZERO line you must apply another force.

THERE IS NO OTHER FORCE!!!!

YOU CANNOT USE THE TOTAL CHANGE IN DIRECTION OF MOMENTUM AS A FORCE ie the 8000N you were using because the mass changes from +4000 to -4000 , you were adding up the
2 4000 to get 8000

Originally Posted By: kallog
I'm saying the pipe slows, then stops, then starts moving backwards (-ve direction) during the 1st turn.

you are using (-4000N) to slow and stop the pipe
then using (-4000N) to reverse direction.

but the imaginary force you use does not exist.

my entire post was to try and get you to realize that the
pipe will only stop , it will not reverse direction because
any available force that could reverse the pipe direction is used up stopping the pipe.

you have been claiming that the force used to change the momentum of the mass was adding the extra force to reverse the pipes direction.

thats extremely evident in this thread as is in others where this
has been discussed.

momentum is not a force and the change in momentum is not a force and that is what I have been trying to tell you all along.

so stop trying to put the blame on others , accept your mistakes and own up to them.

have you ever watched a nascar race , where cars travel
around a track , they use gas engines because the turns do not propel the cars around the track the way you think the mass is being propelled because it changes direction.

the nascar cars also change direction but they still have to use up gasoline to go around and around , the turns of the race are not like a magic carpet.

and the turns in this concept also are not like a magic carpet.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.