First of all thanx everyone for sharing ur ideas!

Mike -
You see increment of telomerase just doesn’t extend the life of the cell but also prevents the cell form getting old and damaging its DNA ( Coding/ functioning DNA)

Mike Regarding ur thoughts…
“Do longer lived peoples have longer telomerase attached to their Cells? (Any studies on that?)”
My answer to that is there r ongoing researches and yes it is possible …
As a matter of fact this is due to the aspect of genetic variability… different people have different lengths of telomerase. Of course it is also possible that different factors may effect the individuals life lengths… for example:
- Their healthy life style may give them a longer life contrary to the fact that they might have small telomerase.
- Their might also be the genetic effect of the cell health giving them yet again an advantage of having a longer life irrelevant to the size of their telomere caps.

Your second thought/ question….
” Male Sperm is produced as long as a man lives, Those specialized cells don’t die, they continually produce Sperm from blood (I believe?) and they have NO telomeres attached to them. (Figure that one out)”
- I don’t think sperm is produced from the blood… it might supply important nutrients to the production, but does not produce the sperms… The germ cells that are responsible to produce the sperms are spermatogonium which are the diploid cells that produce spermatocytes that go under meiosis I then change into spermatid that goes under meiosis II and finally become sperms…
- What I believe is that the sperms do not have the telomeres but either the spermatogonium is the germ cell that is able to produce telomerase and replenish its telomere cap or the stem cells that produce spermatogonium cells do… either way this is the immortality aspect of sperm cell production.

Your third question…
“Some Hospitals hold cancer Cells that have been alive for over 50 years. Cancer cells probably hold the key to immortality?’
This again refers to my point of discussion… you see cancer cells are immortal due to the fact that they also are able to produce telomerase and replenish telomeres therefore are immortal… the topic of immortality with telomeres was originally aroused from the fact of cancer cells being immortal due to replenishing telomere caps.

Mike, people do not believe in fantasy to be the truth… unless they r bajingo from the head… but curious minds tend to search the truth even if truth bears an incredible resemblance to fantasy.

Also the the URl u produced regarding Dr. Aubrey de Grey’s five bars to
immortality is simply an example of getting to a destination through different routes!!!

Ellis -
”Brilliance- I am going to pick up on something you stated- "God has gven us the gift of brilliance". He, She or It has, by this reasoning, given us also a finite life, possibly as a result of the interactions outlined in Mike's post. Would such extension of life to immortality be contrary to God's will? Also what would happen to the promise of heaven and the afterlife, or would we in fact continue to live on Earth in our bodily state getting older- but immortal? That's heaven?”

Well Ellis first of all if god does not want to be contradicted... then not in the whole universe it is possible to contradict his, her or its will. After all he is the all mighty and powerful. But the question is if some one or something or a mere human has been able to contradict his word then ellis… doesn’t that mean god itself wanted to be contradicted… or is he not strong enough to stop someone from contradicting his will? NO OFFENCE TO ANY ONE. I do not believe that immortality of human is contradictory of gods will. God may have given us a limited life but he has never FORBIDDEN us to increase the life he has given us… even to the point of being immortal. Your question regarding the afterlife… well the end of the universe is inevitable… proven by religion and science… The whole universe is going to be destroyed! This theory of immortality in our discussion gives us the fact that we can live longer and longer but we will not be invincible! We could get killed by a global or universal catastrophe.
- And according to this theory… not completely sure about it… but theoretically regarding this theory I would expect an immortal life in form of `eternal youth` not getting old and old and old and old and old. The term ‘eternal youth’ in this context represents the time frame till the end of the universe. The term ‘eternal youth’ in this context represents the time frame till the end of universe.

Ellis - “Personally I feel this post belongs in NQS”
Redewenur – “Of course, since recent research findings support that. We surely can't be seriously discussing immortality, despite a thread title that's proven to be provocative.”
- If we are to completely understand the universe and use the tool of science to its fullest function and enhance our knowledge… then we must not create boundaries around any one aspect… everything is connected in the universe… science to science fiction to reality to psychology to history to astrophysics to rocket sciences to NQS… (including the gremlins and gizmo!! ) lol

Redewenur - ”Of course, since recent research findings support that. We surely can't be seriously discussing immortality, despite a thread title that's proven to be provocative.”
- Isn’t the concept of immortality (in this particular discussion … theoretical results of the telomere theory) rooted from the very research of genetic components that effect longevity of life frames??

As redewenur suggested the ongoing research on specific gene codons that enable the longevity of human life suggest the theoretical possibility of increasing the life frame of an average human, with extra benefits from the research of immunity against terrible diseases. As I earlier mentioned it’s simply like having one destination but taking different routes.

- I AM AFRAID YOU HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD MY IDEAS… THE TERM IMMORTALITY WAS SIMPLY A TERM USED TO THEORETICALLY EXPLAIN THE LIMITS OF THE LONGEVITY OF HUMAN LIFE THAT COULD BE ACHIEVED FROM THIS RESEARCH. THE TERM IMMORTALITY IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A CONCEPT OF FICTION IN THIS RESEARCH/TOPIC/DISCUSSION BUT A PURE CONCEPT OF THEORETICAL ANALYSIS. IT IS NOT FICTION… IT IS SCIENCE!!!