Children cry--- youth cool--- adult eek--- OLD frown .

Could you imagine if we could stop growing old!! as a matter of fact stop our age itself... stay as a youth... forever??? sounds like a fairytale... perhaps tuck everlasting... very amusing story... but this concept is not much of a fantasy... as a matter of fact it is quite possible that we could become… immortal.

God has given us the gift of brilliance... we use it to acquire knowledge, then i say... shouldn’t it be possible that god may have always wanted us to learn and know how we could be immortal.

Every human cell has a biological clock... every time our cells undergo multiplication (mitosis) a part of our DNA strand is cleaved (destroyed) during DNA multiplication. The mechanism of DNA coding or DNA multiplication is not quite perfect... therefore errors occur while duplicating the DNA strands for new cells… leading to cancerous cellsmad.

The mechanism that enables useful DNA not to be destroyed is ... well simply cleavage of useless DNA attached at the very end of our long DNA strands... This bit of useless DNA is called Telomeres. Before we are born, a full set of telomeres are attached at the very end of our DNA strands in every cell… and as we grow older this set of useless DNA is cleaved and eventually wears out leading for the useful DNA to be cleaved and eventually causing cell death or cancerous cells.

Cells telomeres worning out causes cells to function immproperly, get weaker... get older and die... therefore leading to old age and deseases.

In some rare cells as soon as the telomere is cleaved it is replenished by an enzyme produced in the cell. This Very important enzyme is called telomerase. This does not happen in any normal cell except in male sex cells (sperm cells), many types of cancerous cells… and in some exceptional animal cells…. I am not sure but I believe there r some stem cells that also contain the ability to produce telomerase. These cells are considered to be immortal.

Imagine what if we could engineer human cells to be able to produce telomerase on its own or even introduce it into the normal cells by surgical procedures... Our worn out telomeres would replenish and we wud live longer lives.

I am not quite sure about any on going research on this topic but i bileave temerase is used in some very few age defying creams. Wouldn’t it be nice to live if not forever at least a bit longer life healthy and young. smile

Plz feel free to Criticize my ideas or support my ideas... or do both!!! laugh plz share your opinion! thanx