A quote from the first post introducing this topic by Brilliance:

God has given us the gift of brilliance... we use it to acquire knowledge, then i say... shouldn’t it be possible that god may have always wanted us to learn and know how we could be immortal.

A quote from Brilliance in his/her latest post:

First of all the introduction of gods will and other aspects of religion was I believe introduced by …you ellis (ironic!!)... in response to a statement in my very first post which clearly had nothing to relate with the actual topic of the discussion.

The latter quote is obviously incorrect. The god reference was introduced by Brilliance in his/her second paragraph.

I merely suggested that you seemed to suggest god that was involved in the search for immortality, when clearly under your line of reasoning as introduced by you, god has included the necessity for finality in all our lives. Seems reasonable to me. Also doesn't seem like science as who knows what god thinks. Certainly I don't. That's why this topic is in NQS.

Brilliance, you will often find that people do not share your vision. It does not mean either side is wrong--just different.

I will also reiterate (without shouting) that immortality has a definite meaning. It means to live forever not for a very long time.