Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
... What he means is that the laws are so complicated that they may be beyond description.
The old "semantics" problem. I think of the supernatural as being beyond description.
IMO, as long as we agree to be humane and act according to the Golden Rule, the fine points of beliefs do not matter.
======================================================
BTW, for me, choice and belief go together. I usually choose to act on what I believe in, have some control over, and have hope will happen.

Read my first post. Keep in mind: I was born into a family of the working poor living under third-world conditions. As I matured, I found myself in a time and place filled with dangerous and tough circumstances, including war.

Looking back, I assume I chose to be born, not because a God determined what would happen, but because I was assured by a spiritual guide--one who made the journey before me:

"There is always hope for the future. And at all times, you will be in control of making your future. If you make loving, moral and ethical choices, you will make for a better future."
For me, this is how it has turned out. Looking forward to the new birth we call death, again I will choose life.

Atheists, think of your own future: You are now in the womb of life waiting to be, or not to be, born into the next.

IMO, no God will determine things for you, you will get what you choose. If you believe that there is no such a thing as a new chance at life, are you not choosing oblivion?

This means you are saying: "For me the future is without hope and control, on my part. Therefore, I choose not to act on the idea that there could be more life, and life for the better."

IMO, one does not have to believe in gods, or a God, in order to choose and believe in life.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org