Originally Posted By: Paul
and think about foot pounds of torque , if you weight 150 lbs
your body weight can supply 150 ft lbs of torque at 1 ft from center of the wheel...

You then divided 550 as the equivalent to 1 HP by 140. It is as though you are suggesting that those trucks have only have a quarter horse power. That does not make sense. The 140 is not per second. From your link, the 2.2 L engines in the Chev S10's have 120 HP SAE @ 5,000 rpm and 140 ft lb @ 3,600 rpm. That is 120 HP and 140 ft lbs.

Let's do it right. 550 ft lb per second / 140 ft lbs

Since the ft lb units will cancel each other out, you end up with 3.92 per second. That means nothing.

Originally Posted By: Paul
I did not reference Work , however the 1 second should have been substantual.

Horse power is the measure of work, so you did reference work.

Of all the things I said, that was all you would respond to?

When you discuss easy money, I think we might agree on something. To get rid of the biofuels industry is easy. Get rid of the subsidies. Getting rid of the bio fuel requirements would be even better because I wonder what the result would be if we use the non-arable land to grow biofuel crops. That will not stop world hunger. Much of the starvation is cause by politics.

I would not go so far as to call biofuel crops a crime, but it is wrong to push something that reduces fuel efficiency such that the suggested positive ends will never be realized.