Mike

Quote:
Unfortunately it would not provide any immediate help to the worlds starving. Since it would take years, if ever' for the price of oil to drop to ensure cheap food.

Well the basic technology is in place already , if the U.S. were to really get itself in gear , and pursue this end , it would only be less than 2 years max before we could be installing turbine / electric engines into existing automobiles.

Now if it looks to "INVESTORS" the stock market as if the BIO fuels technology will be worth "0" in two years time , well need I say more.

everything already invested will be scrap for the most part , other than the experience gained from the research.

thats just the way it is.

I really enjoyed your links to the micro turbines , I believe the smaller one is earmarked for cell phones and the larger version for laptops.

the 20mm turbine can be used to propel someone in a personal transportation vehicle , similar to a motorized wheelchair.

if you think of the weight comparisons of load and engine size
you can see that this type of tech could drive semi trucks or any other type of vehicle normally powered by a piston engine...

a brand new 4x4 truck only delivers apx 700 ft lbs of torque.

check out these torque values from several Truck manufacturers

and think about foot pounds of torque , if you weight 150 lbs
your body weight can supply 150 ft lbs of torque at 1 ft from center of the wheel...

some of these trucks only supply 140 ft lbs of torque...

where are all the horses?

a single H.P. will supply 3.92 times that amount of torque.

550 / 140 = 3.92

is there someone in there designing the trucks with 120 H.P. engines to only be capable of delivering 140 ft lbs ?

1 H.P. is the amount of power to lift 550 lbs to a height of 1 foot in 1 second..

120 H.P. should be able to pick the truck straight up into the air
550 lbs * 120 H.P. = 66,000 pounds lifted to a height of 1 foot in 1 second.

that 3000 lb truck should be capable of hopping straight up to a height of at least 22 ft in the air in 1 second...

can anyone think of why cars and trucks get such terible gas mileage and performance?

I can its called deception , control , and greed as mike pointed out.

Ellis

solar power is growing strong here in the U.S. in california there are solar powered cars in a way , there are companies that are using solar power to split water for the hydrogen to fill hydrogen powered cars tanks.

in this way the normaly free suns energy becomes a sellable product.

hows the tower comming along , after we had a previous discussion on it , I watched a program about it and other projects on the science channel I believe , and they seem to already have included the sudgestions I made about increasing the height toward the center because of the thermal expansion of the air flowing through it.

I noticed they did not include the sudgestion of using a black top or black sand to increase the airs temperature.

which could also be used to decrease the overall size of the project in general.

Last edited by paul; 06/07/08 03:07 AM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.