Question: Is speed of light really the limit?

The speed of light should be considered from the perspective of common sense as well as from the posture of current dogma. I am surprised at the heat of discussion between parties that have different views on various scientific subjects with the speed of light formost.

We arrive at the speed of light by measurements made here on Earth. It matters not where the light originates from because all measuring is done from here at Earth. We discover a speed of 186,281 miles per second. We use that determination to conclude that it represents the speed of light throughout the Universe. We have no disagreement so far, do we?

In spite of the elaborate theories, all of them, that make conclusions concerning the speed of light, not one, not any of them, tell us why light travels at 186,281 miles per second here at Earth. From my perspective that determination should come first before we speculate about the speed of light from all sources and in all parts of the Universe. Not a word that I am aware of is provided to document the CAUSE for the speed of light as we measure it here at Earth.

I have considered this issue for many years. I am well aware that any approach that suggests an explanation for the WHY of the speed of light will be met with fierce objections but I do not care. Consider a Star one million times the mass of our sun and explain why such an object would produce light with the same energy factors that our tiny sun does? I contend I have worked out the answer to the speed of light and why we measure it as we do here at earth. The full content of my contentions, which is the only explanation that I know of as ever being offered by anyone, is explained in my Web site. To avoid any suggestion of spam I am not including the location of the site here but you can email me and I Will reply with the data.

In short I propose that sun light leaves the sun at about 112,941 miles per second having excellerated dramatically from the suns equator. It continues to excellerate until it reaches the Earth going about 186,281 miles per second when it passes Earth. It thereafter continues to go faster and faster while it goes out into space until it diminishes and probably fades at about 186,624 miles per second many billions of miles from Earth. This unique quality of light that I offer also acounts for the alleged red shift and other effects in my contention.

I will not be sensitive to your arguments. I am a retired lawyer and I am used to confrontations.