Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Turak wrote:
"That is not logical. It is mathematically impossible for any finite thing to have an infinite number of things inside it."

Didn't your mother tell you that the problem with opening your mouth is that it often removes all doubt?

"Infinite complexity in finite space" is just another way of saying 'fractal'. Very logical and pure mathematics.

For those interested in actual science and education: http://www.gpc.edu/~mnunes/COMPLEX/LIMITS.HTM
and also look up mandelbrot sets, julia sets, quaternion julia sets, and koch snowflake at google.com.

Turak I really don't know what middle school you attend but you are in way over your head trying to bluff your way here. Unless you are striving for public embarrasement you might want to reconsider your modus operandi.
Please do not ever refer to me as an adolescent. I am much older than you are.

As to your inane pompous attitude: I am not interested.

The fact that there are indeed a DUAL infinite set of fractals in Mandelbrot's equation: proves that this Universe is indeed INFINITE.

If this Universe were not infinite: it could not contain any set of infinite fractals.

If this Universe were finite. Then there would BY DEFINITION necessarily be only FINITE sets of fractals in it. Not infinite. Can you get this through your head?

You already proved what I said by agreeing that anything that is finite must have an edge to it.

Well: MAndelbrot's fractals do NOT have a finite edge to them. They go on INFINITELY; WITHOUT END.

Or are you so dense that you do not understand this?

Mandelbrot's fractals go on infinitely without end becuase this universe also goes on infinitely without end.

Try to grasp this simple fact.