Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Except that it is and we have proof that it is. The simple fact is that the only reason we even know it exists is because it is.

There is a time and place for "what if" and this isn't it.
you have proof that there are dark matter galaxies? the last i have heard of is that they have proven that dark matter exist because of the effect it was having on two galxies that were colliding. Last i had heard there was no proof that it was clustering together, because there was no way of finding it.

this is a forum for debate. If this is not the place for "what if" then where does that place exist.

The thing is you act as if the expansion theory is a proven law of nature. You dont state "according to the accepted theory", you proclaim "it is (my emphasis) this way (period), no debate allowed".

the original discussion was about if there were limits on the universe.

If the space is expanding, then the universe is finite. the boundaries may be expanding, but there is nothing else there, merely more nothingness between the galaxies. Its all the same.

If the universe is moving into new space, wheither from pressure within or from momentum, then the universe is infinite.

we will not know until we find the boundaries.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.