Quote:
Originally posted by onegermanglassofbeer:
Dehammer, you make the assumption that evolution would require being upright to be the product of an mutation, rather than the possibly that a more upright species evolved to be more squat and arced, as chimpanzees are. But in truth, the theory of evolution suggests both are possible.
they might be possible, but show me any sign that any of the chimpanzees ancestors were upright. no sign of any save the potencial of the one in Africa.

On the other hand, all the possible ancestors of that one species were squat tree climbers that were simular to chimps, apes and others of that kind. So far there has never been one found before that time that stood upright. so how did they go from upright to squat if there was no uprights before.

the stories indicate that it had the arms of a tree climber but the legs of something that spent its more time on the ground. Last i heard they were hoping that the feet would show that they still had the climbers feet. that would show distinct linage from the tree climber to the ground runner.

chimps have the same type arm sturcture and leg structure of tree climbers that were the ancestors. This species is the first to have the legs of a ground runner.

theory would allow both, but it does require some form of evidence to back it up.

I could make a theory that we all came from Alpha Cenaturi, but i would not have any proof of it. It would not be considered scientific theory, because of that, more speculative theory instead. the theory that this is mans link to tree climbers is backed with scientific evidence. So far there is none to say that this is the ancestory of chimps. So that too would be considered speculative theory instead of scientific theory.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.