Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"the problem with meteorlogist is that they dont look beyound the last few years."

And you know this how?

Show a bit of integrity and back up your mindless nonsense with facts.

If you can point to a link that shows that the vast majority of meteorologists have made their predictions based on "the last few years" data then lets see it.

Otherwise I'm calling this fabrication what it is ... a complete fabrication.

Didn't your mother teach you lying is a sin?
look at any weather stat and its always showing the last century, which in terms of glacieral periods and interglacerial periods, is the same thing as looking at yesterdays weather.

show me any site that using data more than 1 million years. 10000 years. 1000 years. they arent there. why? because there were no weather man and no scientific measurements. therefore as far as they are concerned, there is no data there that can be used to aid them. the closest you are going to get is the british naval data and that is not much more than 200 to 300 years old. most of that is ignored since it was taken out at sea and only where the ships happened to be. since they were sailing ships they were mostly in the northern hemisphere and mostly in the atlantic or near coast. since that is the oldest data there is, this is the farthest data most meteorologist use. there are some that use the data from ice cores, but that is limited to the current ice age. even this is argued over, with most having no interest in either side.

its only common sense that meteorologist are not going to use data that is not mearsured scientifically. since that is limited to the last century in most place, that is the limit of their data.

show me where common sense is wrong in this case instead of demanding that i give you the entire database of meteorologic knowledge.

meteorology is primarily concerned with predicting the weather for tomorrow and next week, with as much of a long term (read months) forcast as they can get a decent percentage chance of being right. few are concerned with years, unless they are being paid strickly to look for data, most of the time by ppl that demand they look for specific data. as an example, the ppl that fund the global warming trend research almost always demand that the researchers focus on man made warming. researchers paid by oil companies and such face demands to find non man made causes only. few are ever paid to look for anything and everything. this type of research results in two opposing groups, one that says that only man is responsible, and the other that says that man has not had any influence what so ever. there are few of us that are inbetween that are able and willing to look at both sides and see that both sides have good arguements and that they both have a part of the truth, but neither has all of it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.