[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chaoslillith:
[QB] Ok, as I am only 31 I do not remember a global cooling fear, pretty much all I have ever seen in the news is global warmning. I believe what I see, ie Kilmanjaro, Inuits in shorts, waterfalls running down glaciers that were frozen solid only a few years ago. Would you like links?
- - As someone who's been around for nearly 60 years, I definitely remember the very first Earth Day and the first Global Environmental Summit where Global Cooling was the focus.

"I am also aware of the fact that more and more scientists are ever more concerned."
- - Very few of them are actually climatologists.

"By the way, my parents never discussed a global cooling trend fear in all the talks we had about the environment."
- - Ask them to come clean about it. They're probably just embarrassed to admit it.

Meanwhile, Greenland was once Green and the mean temperature of our planet has been warmer than it is today. When it dipped to about 2-3? cooler than the current averages, it was called "The Little Ice Age!"

People are freaking out over temperature changes at the second decimal place, and assuming these represent irreversible trends that will give us a global average temperature that will make the seas boil. It won't happen. These things are cyclical, and when it warms a bit, that triggers cooling influences and vice versa.

Friendship is like peeing your pants. The whole world can see it, but only you experience the warmth.