"We're not global warming skeptics, though we are generally "skeptical," in the healthy scientific sense that we don't hide our heads in the sand of easy explanations. Recent ice core data collected from Antarctica indicate carbon dioxide and methane, both greenhouse gases, are currently 30 percent higher than any time in the last 650,000 years. This rise is attributed to increasing fossil fuel combustion and intensive agricultural practices (e.g., livestock and rice fields).

The International Panel on Climate Change predicts an average global temperature increase of 1.4 to 5.8 degrees Fahrenheit for this century. Even if we only reach the lower limit, we can reasonably expect that climatic change will outpace the ability of many systems, both economic and ecological, to adjust. It is ethically unacceptable to continue business as usual in the face of substantial and avoidable harm to each other and Earth's ecosystems. We must respond with courage, reflected in the policies of industrialized and industrializing nations, and in the energy choices of all states, counties, towns, and citizens."

Ok, how about looking at it this way. The temperature warming, the climate shifting as it is leads to unpredicatable weather patterns which will affect things like water supplies even in the US. California has had long droughts and the only thing that kept that state running was water from other states. If we hadn't gotten the rain we had in Arizona the fire season would have been horrible and there would have had to be serious water rationing.

I am not saying that one day we will wake up and all be under water. I do not think anyone but the most extreme people are saying humans will become extinct. The point that scientists and concerned citizens are making is that there is evidence that we are changing the planet faster then it has normally been changed, that "urban heat islands", less trees and damaged watersheds will effect our way of life. We need to try to be more aware of how our actions affect the environment. There are people, like the Inuits whose entire way of life may be destroyed if the temperature keeps going the way it is. I guarantee you they have not been able to stand around in shorts and have their fishing equipment slip into the water as an ice floe has given way beneath them in eons.