Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Only as the devils advocate to this particular argument.

I am told often I am the devil, should I be getting treatment smile

Joking I understand what you mean.

Well, depending on who you talk to (when claiming to be the authoritative mouthpiece for science) all defenses I seem to run into regarding science is that scientists are seemingly better equipped mentally to ascertain the reality of everything, regardless of any humility in being just short of perfect. wink

I find it tends to be a certain group of individuals that actually don't participate in science but have studied in their distant past that try to make science authoritative and can't help but want to convert others. To those actually active in the science field worrying about what someone especially a layman thinks about a topic is pointless, you recognize they don't have the basis to have a view that actually matters. In a way it is blatant arrogance but you have a set of experiments and results and any answer must be valid to all those.

Religion doesn't require all experiments and results to be consistent because GOD is above such things. Hence I have no issue in general with religion unless those who follow it enter science forums and try to present incorrect science results as proof of their GOD.

Right, the "IF you can't get a consensus to put it on a table and disassemble it", then it's not worth discussing kind of approach. I get that

Correct and as much as you don't like it a truth only you can see is not useful to us. That doesn't diminish such things might be important in other fields.

Too bad, I always have room for science. In my world everything has value AND no thing is mutually exclusive. When you add another perspective rather than isolating it within a certain mindset, then thought becomes less "cult-ish." wink

You may call us a cult and closed minded and from your perspective that may all be true. However at the end of the day you don't get a vote smile

What was presented in the article was in fact vague and leads to assumptions.

Yes I would agree with that as well.

And did the male comrades fully accept the gender as equal, or just follow orders for fear of being castrated or shot? shocked

Again I could only offer vague facts but it was effective whichever it was. So there is possibly an argument for the latter in Western society smile

Last edited by Orac; 07/04/15 07:21 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.